In 1956, the Eight Avenue Church, known today as First Assembly, sent out a group of passionate, faith-filled families and individuals to reach the growing population of the north end of Calgary.
They built the original Capitol Hill building from personal sacrifice and commitment to serve Calgary’s North Hill community. Rev. James Hazlett was the pastor in our first year, then Dr. Harry Faught assumed the pastorate in 1968.
We have had seven senior pastors and a number of amazing associate pastors over the past 60 years.
In 1969, a second facility was opened, doubling the size of the Capitol Hill Church.
In 1973, some families helped establish a church in Marlborough. Capitol Hill continued to grow until 1978, when a decision to relocate was made.
Beddington Pentecostal Church (BP), opened its doors in March 1981. The congregation relocated to the extreme north centre of Calgary, for a greater opportunity for expansion and outreach.
In 1999, we sent out another group of people to plant another church called Church in the Hills. It is now time again for us to take another leap of faith and expand by Advancing the Kingdom of God. Saints, will you join us?